Monday, April 11, 2011

While Jay is away, the Intern will play

So while Jay is away at the Florida Keys, I will still be working hard.  There are so many things to blog about!  I, the intern, will be having such a preservation week as I go to Belmont for a tour today--specifically focused on landscapes.  Belmont is the home and studio of the famous painter Gari Melcher, and this country house has been restored to look as it did in the 1920s.  Then Tuesday I will be attending a lecture at the University by Edmund Meade who will speak specifically on structural design in historic preservation. THEN ON WEDNESDAY I WILL BE HAVING DINNER WITH THE HURLEY'S IN THEIR HOME.  For those of you who are unaware, President Hurley lives in the historic mansion, Brompton, built in the 19th century.  I was "randomly" chosen along with 9 other students to dine with the President and his family, and I am so excited to not only get to spend an evening with him and his wife but to also see the inside of his fantastic historic home!  And lastly, I am going back to the Virginia Center for Architecture on Thursday for the opening of their exhibit on green spaces within an urban setting.  I am geeking out about how much activities are taking place!  So, be on the look out!

1 comment:

  1. You have been tricked Kathleen! I am still in town, had to bail on the Keys due to work issues. The good news is they are good work issues. While at Belmont check on the Barnes House will ya.

    ReplyDelete